Positive Impact Kids Kickboxing
• Starting on Monday 10th February 2020
• Monday and Thursday after school from 4:30-5:30pm.
Those using after school club may access the club for free. For those just wishing to take part in the club sessions the price is £4 per session.
The club will be based in Settle Primary School’s hall.
Instructor: Patrick Illingworth
3rd Degree Black Belt, who has coached students to National and International success, combining Martial Arts training with Positivity Coaching and Mindfulness.
Mr Illingworth holds a BA (hons) in Education & Training, and an Apprenticeship in Sport & Leisure Management and Certificates in Kickboxercise and Child Protection in Sport.
Mr Illingworth says, “I am currently studying an MSc in Positive Psychology & Coaching Psychology and therefore see Martial Arts as a great sporting activity that empowers people of all ages, and builds physical and mental strength. I will be joined by Cadet Instructor and former pupil: Jack Wright, who is an experienced MMA student at Settle College, who works with skill and patience, Jack relates well to the younger pupils and passes on his skills and knowledge through clear instruction and great technique demonstration”.
Aims of the club:
· Get active!
· Build strength, speed, stamina, balance and flexibility!
· Build Self-Esteem and Confidence!
· Work on Goal-Setting and Self-Improvement!
· Learn Respect and Listening Skills!
· Encourage Teamwork and Belonging!
· Get Physical in a Safe Environment!
· Learn About Conflict Resolution!
The club is open for infants and juniors. Mr Illingworth has also started an adult club in Settle on Monday nights with limited spaces available and depending on interest a secondary school provision may be considered at a later date.