School Trips/Real-Life Learning.
We will go on a range of visits to places such as a Buddhist temple, the Imperial War Museum in Manchester, a ranger day in Malham, a day in Liverpool visiting the Ferry, Docks, Beatle Story Museum, Matthew Street, the Cavern Club and more. We also visit London in the summer term for a fantastic three day residential staying by St Paul's Cathedral. We travel around on the Underground and on foot and:
- Experience the Emirates Cable Car;
- Whizz down the Thames on a 'Clipper' boat;
- See the sites from the London Eye and experience the 4D London Eye show;
- Tour behind the scenes at Parliament and take part in a 'laws and debating' workshop;
- Visit Madame Tussaud's;
- Take in a West End Show;
- ...and of course, climb to the top of St. Paul's Cathedral as we are right next door!
We will be encouraged to raise money ourselves in the yearly 'Grow a Pound' enterprise project to support the London visit by creating our own projects, working to a budget, selling products in a week long 'Christmas Market' and calculating profit margins, in addition holding other fundraising activities.
Year 6 pupils also take part in the yearly Crucial Crew workshops at Eshton Grange to promote healthy, safe lifestyles. They also participate in transition days in preparation for secondary schools, such as team building/outdoor activity days at Ingleborough Hall Outdoor Centre or hikes up Ingleborough with pupils from local schools, not to mention taster workshops and the yearly taster day at pupils' new secondary schools.