In order to enquire about a Nursery place, please telephone the school. We will then arrange a time for you to have a look around our setting and give you a registration form to return. Once we have this form we can add your child's name to the admissions list.
In the term before your child is due to start Nursery we will contact you regarding Taster Sessions, a chance for your child to explore their new environment and to get to know the practitioners that they will be working with. We also offer home visits if required and members of the team visit the local feeder nurseries to meet the children in a setting that they are familiar with.
When you bring your child for their first Taster Session you will be given a pack of admissions forms to complete and return to school in time for their start date. For larger intakes, a parents meeting will be held during one of the Taster Sessions and this is a good opportunity to find out a little more about what happens at Nursery and ask any questions you might have. Otherwise, we are happy to meet to discuss Nursery and answer any questions you might have at a mutually convenient time.
Tapestry (Online Learning Journey)
One of the forms that you will receive in the admissions pack will relate to Tapestry. This is an online tool which allows us to track your child's journey throughout the Early Years Foundation Stage. Every time we complete an observation on your child you will receive a notification email so you can see what they have been up to. We also encourage parents to use Tapestry to inform us of home activities - the children love to show their photographs to their friends at news time! Also Tapestry is an invaluable way of communicating - you can use it to drop us a line, and we regularly use it for notices.
What your child will need
- School uniform, which can be ordered from the relevant page on this website. Please can we ask that ALL items of uniform are named, especially sweaters/cardigans and shoes.
- Named healthy snack, fruit or vegetables only. Some children like to bring their own water bottle to Nursery, although we do provide water to drink throughout the day. Milk is provided free of charge at morning snack time for all children who would like it.
- A bag to carry home their belongings each day (school book bags are available to be ordered via the website).
- A bag to leave on their peg containing a spare full change of clothes (all named please).
- Warm coat, hat, scarf and gloves in cold weather (named please)
- Wellington boots if you have spares (we have plenty to borrow in school)
- Suncream and sunhat in hot weather (named please). Please make sure that suncream is applied in the morning before school, we will then reapply it before the children go out to play after lunch.
- A coat/jacket EVERY DAY despite the weather! It can be so changeable!
- Monday afternoon is our PE day and this usually takes place in the school hall, especially in the winter months. Nursery do not need to bring a PE kit although outdoor PE shoes (pumps or trainers) would be handy for outdoor PE in the warmer months.
Open Door Policy
It is our priority that your child's first steps at school are positive ones and that they have the best experience possible in Nursery. We also want you as their parents to be happy and informed. Therefore, please do not hesitate to contact us if you need to discuss or clarify anything related to your child's time in Nursery. We have an open-door policy and are always available for a chat before or after a session, or you are most welcome to telephone or email the school and your call/email will be directed to us.